New Year’s Eve is right around the corner, and I this is our second one with kids. Last year we had only Little J and this year we have both babies to ring in 2014 with.
New Year’s Eve is always a time for celebration, but with kids its sometimes hard to find fun things to do on a night centered around partying.
Here are some awesome ideas to party with your kids on New Year’s Eve:
New Year’s Eve Party Ideas for Kids
1. Build a Big Fort and camp out in the living room – Grab the sleeping bags, couch cushions, tons of pillows and blankets, and head for the floor. Build a big huge slumber party camp site right in the middle of your living room. Your kids will absolutely adore you for this one!
2. Set up a Balloon Drop using either a Balloon Drop Kit or DIY with balloons and a large plastic trash bag. Your kids will go crazy for this!!
3. Bake up some Firework Cookies or Edible Sparklers – Check out these adorable edible creations over at Nurture Store.
4. Make your own New Year’s Eve Ball – Check out this adorable craft idea over at the Unintentional SAHM
5. Print out these ADORABLE New Year’s Eve Photo Props from Red Ted Art and let your kids have so much fun making funny faces 🙂 Don’t forget to take lots of pictures!
6. Make a Time Capsule – We used to do this when I was a little girl. I would go around and collect notes from all of the people at the New Year’s party and other little items and stuff them into a jar to open up the following year (or many years later). You can check out a great time capsule from Moms and Munchkins.
7. Have a special midnight toast for the kids (if they are still awake!) with milk and cookies. So cute, and they will absolutely LOVE being included in the toasting!
8. Have a New Year’s Eve Party Bath for the kids – this looks like so much fun!!
9. Make these super cute Fireworks Rings from Fun and Fantastic Learning that are sure to add some glamour to your New Year!
I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and safe New Year – and a super fun New Year’s Eve party!