When I used to hear people talk about the “terrible twos” I’d think to myself “it can’t really be that bad, they must be over exaggerating “. Yea, that is until my child crossed over to the dark side, also known as toddlerhood.
Epic tantrums, mood swings…it’s like a teenager trapped inside of a little kid’s body! Some days I’m the best mom in the world…oh who am I kidding, he doesn’t think that for more than 5 minutes at a time. Every day the list grows, adding new reasons why my kid thinks I’m failing at being a mom.
Here are some of the most recent ways that I suck and I’m failing at motherhood…and basically, the worst mom ever:
1. I didn’t let my toddler eat ice cream topped with whipped cream for breakfast.
2. I didn’t let him throw yogurt all over my curtains…and his brother’s hair.
3. He wasn’t allowed to take toys that his brother was playing with.
4. I only let him eat a few snacks while shopping Target, instead of a new snack from each aisle we went to.
5. I announced that it was nap time.
6. I didn’t think it was a good idea for him and his brother to unroll all of the new rolls of paper towels and toilet paper I just bought.
7. I gave him a bath.
8. I didn’t think it was a good idea for him to stand on a box of baby wipes, while wearing my sneakers and try to wash dishes.
9. I tried to serve him vegetables at dinner.
10. I didn’t let him stay up way past his bedtime and hang out in my bed to watch cartoons all night.