Valentine’s Day, February 14th, is right around the corner!
Like many moms, I want to create
lasting memories for my children to know how much I love them, and Valentine’s Day is
a great day to have some fun with.
Here are some easy and inexpensive ideas for how
to create a memorable Valentine’s Day for your family:
1. Have a heart scavenger hunt. Hide different colored construction paper heart shaped
cut-outs throughout your home. Assign each of your children a different color, and
give them little bags to collect the hearts. Then, “Ready, set, go!” – have them find
the hidden hearts. Reward them with a special Valentine’s treat at the end, such as
delicious heart-shaped cookies.
2. Send a love note. For school-aged children, leave a sweet note in their lunch box to
say “I love you”. Or, for older children, send a text message to let them know you’re
thinking about them.
3. Have fun with your food. Order a heart-shaped pizza from your local pizza place.
It’s a meal your whole family can enjoy together (not to mention it’s a night off from
cooking dinner!) Or, you can even make a heart shaped pizza at home, together as a family, for more fun!
4. Serve up some love at the dinner table. Go around the table and have each member
of the family say something that they like about the other members of the family. Try to
leave the technology out of this one, and have a special tech-free meal together.
5. Have a fun family movie night. Find your most comfortable pillows and blankets and
pillows, and gather together on the couch to watch a family-friendly flick. Have some
popcorn (like Huppie Mama’s Valentine’s Day Popcorn), kick back and relax, and enjoy each others company.
This post is also syndicated on South Florida Parenting Magazine’s “Mom Approved Panel” blog.