This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WeekNightHero #CollectiveBias
It’s not a big secret that I really love food, love to eat, and enjoy creating delicious meals for my family. What I don’t love, however, is cleaning up the mess. Dishes have never really been my thing, and I generally try to assign that chore to my husband with the old “I cooked, you clean” excuse. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t.
In an effort to create amazing dinners for my family while making less of a mess in the kitchen I whipped up some super easy skillet dinner recipes this week. These dinners are a delight to make! Everything cooks in one pan, and they’re ready in under 30 minutes! How easy is that?! After a long day of doing mom-stuff, cooking a one pan dinner is something I can look forward to.
On a recent trip to Walmart, I came across these awesome new Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking. I picked a few up and was excited to start cooking with them because they allow you to create homemade, weekend style meals on busy weeknights.
The Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking are available in four mouth-watering flavors to amp up your dinner routine, which you can easily locate in the soup aisle at your local Walmart store:
- Savory Portobello Mushroom (great for skillet dishes)
- Creamy Herb & Garlic with Chicken Stock (perfect for pot pies)
- Sweet Onion (a savory addition to meatloaf and skillet dishes)
- Mexican Style Tomato (great for Mexican dishes)
FYI – You can even grab a coupon to save on your next purchase of these awesome soups by clicking here.
Quick & Delicious Skillet Dinner Recipes
I created two amazing skillet dinners with the Sweet Onion for one, and the Mexican Style Tomato for the other.
French Onion Skillet Chicken Recipe
The first super easy skillet dinner I made was French Onion Skillet Chicken. Honestly, when I bit into this chicken, I could not believe how tasty it came out! I immediately told my husband “Wow, this chicken will change your life.” I know, that’s a really bold statement about chicken, but WOW, it was good!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this meal:
– chicken breasts (I made four)
– (1) 14.5oz carton Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking in Sweet Onion flavor
– 1/2 cup croutons
– Swiss cheese slices (I used 2 slices per chicken breast and it was perfectly extra cheesy)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. First, heat the olive oil in your skillet. Add in chicken breasts and cook until they’re browned (approximately 3-4 minutes on each side)
2. Pour the Campbell’s Sweet Onion soup into the skillet, and continue to cook the chicken and soup together for approximately 5 minutes on each side.
3. Add the croutons into the skillet, and continue to cook the chicken until it’s cooked all the way through.
4. While still on the stovetop, add Swiss cheese slices on top of the chicken breasts (it’s ok to cover the croutons in between the chicken and cheese, too!) Allow the cheese to melt.
Serve and ENJOY the heavenly, cheesy, easy delicious dinner you’ve created!
Mexican Cheesy Rice Skillet Recipe
The second (but equally as flavorful) skillet dinner recipe I created was a Mexican Cheesy Enchilada Rice Skillet. This meal also blew me away, and my family absolutely loved it, too!
To make the Mexican Cheesy Rice Skillet dinner here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 pound of ground beef (this is OPTIONAL – you can make yours meatless if you’d prefer!)
– 1 cup cooked rice (I used instant rice)
– (1) 14.5 oz carton of Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking in Mexican Style Tomato flavor
– 1 small onion (diced)
– 2 bell peppers (diced) – I used one red and one orange
– 1 can of corn (drained)
– 1 can of black beans (drained)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1/4 cup verde sauce
– 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
– salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder to taste
1. Heat olive oil, and spices in skillet on medium high heat. If you’re making your skillet with meat, then first brown the meat and add in the onions and peppers when the meat is halfway cooked. If you’re not using meat then the first step is to sauté the onions and peppers for about 3 minutes.
2. Next, pour in the Campbell’s Mexican Style Tomato Soup, and add in the verde sauce, rice, black beans, and corn. Stir together until well combined and heated thoroughly.
3. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Remove from heat immediately and cover for approximately 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
Serve and ENJOY! I ate mine out of a bowl. My husband, on the other hand, decided that it looked too good to wait, and jumped right into the skillet! My kids wanted to eat it like a dip and use chips to scoop up the cheesy Mexican deliciousness.
There’s really no wrong way to eat this easy Cheesy Enchilada Skillet dinner! Best of all, there’s only one pan to clean!
Don’t forget to get your coupon to save on your next purchase of Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking, ($.75 off – valid until 4/13/15). You can also keep up with Campbell’s on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Happy meal making!