Sponsored: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Premier Protein. This could include Premier Protein providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment or compensation.
Do you find it hard to eat well while also taking care of your family? I know that many days, as a busy mom, I feel overwhelmed to make the best food choices amid the other daily tasks that I have going on.
I recently made these delicious blueberry protein muffins to encourage myself to stay on track, even if I am having a super busy morning (or afternoon!)
They’re also perfect for a quick afternoon snack to avoid the temptation of eating other less healthy snacks.
Blueberry Protein Muffins
Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious protein muffins:
– 2 1/2 cups protein powder (I used Premier Protein in Chocolate Milkshake Flavor)
– 1/2 cup blueberries
– 1 medium-sized mashed banana
– 1 1/2 cups eggs whites
– 3 Tbsp almond flour
– 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
– 3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
– 2 Tbsp water
– 1/4 cup organic (no sugar added) applesauce
– 2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
– 3 tsp. baking powder
– Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
– Meanwhile, mash the banana in a large bowl with almond milk. (tip – I did this directly in the bowl of my KitchenAid stand mixer so that I didn’t have to use two bowls.)
– Add in the rest of the ingredients (except the blueberries, put those aside for now) and mix well.
– Then, gently add in the blueberries (fold them in until they’re just lightly coated with the batter).
– Spoon your muffin mixture into a muffin pan lightly greased with coconut oil.
– Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes (check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the muffins that comes out clean.)
Yum! Enjoy! If you would like a bit of extra sweetness, lightly sprinkle some Stevia on top.
For more delicious Premier Protein powder recipes click here!