This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #QuakerRealMedleys #CollectiveBias
Mornings in our home are kind of hectic. Getting the boys up, fed, dressed for the day, and trying to get everybody out the door without being a half an hour late to everything requires a decent amount of time and effort (not to mention, patience, too!)
I often just skip breakfast in an effort to save time. This is, of course, not a great idea, because by the afternoon I am grumpy and have no energy!
Recently, I was shopping at Walmart and came across a fun demo station offering free samples of Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cups. I don’t usually turn down free food, so I decided to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised at how tasty it was! (FYI – if you also like eating free food while grocery shopping, you can locate a Quaker demo at a Walmart near you here taking place between August 13 – August 16.)
If you haven’t tried it yet, Real Medleys is a delicious blend of yogurt and multigrain granola with real fruit and crunchy nuts. I liked it so much that I went over to the cereal aisle and picked up a bunch of containers of Quaker Real Medleys to take home with me.
These would be the perfect breakfast for when you’re short on time but want to eat something that is satisfying and delicious. Quaker Real Medleys have 25 grams of whole grains and 10 grams of protein with 1/2 cup of cold Skim Milk. That’s a lot of energy to keep me running all morning!
There’s never been a product like this before, that is a shelf-stable convergence of granola, fruit and yogurt – all in a single serve cup! All you have to do is just add cold milk, stir, and eat! So easy!
I decided to combine it with some fresh fruit and toppings to create a parfait recipe that is perfect for an on-the-go breakfast!
Parfait Recipe – Parfait to Go
This is quite possibly one of the quickest and simplest breakfast recipes to make, which is music to my ears, and means that I don’t have to skip breakfast anymore.
To make a simple and satisfying parfait-to-go all you will need is:
– 1 container of Quaker Real Medleys (I used Raspberry & Pecan flavor – also available in a variety of flavors such as: Apple Cinnamon and Vanilla Almond)
– fresh berries or other fruit that you want to mix-in
– COLD milk
– whipped cream
– 8 ounce to-go container (I used a glass Mason Jar)
1. Open the Quaker Real Medleys container and stir in COLD milk to the specified line on the inside of the container. Wait two minutes for the granola and yogurt blend to activate.
2. Take approximately 1/2 of the Real Medleys and spoon it into your to-go container.
3. Top with a layer of fresh berries (I used strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries).
4. Take the remaining 1/2 of the Quaker Real Medleys container and add it into the to-go container on top of the berry layer.
5. Top with another fresh berry layer, and some whipped cream if you’d like!
Basically, this parfait recipe is “Crunchy. Cool. Yum!”
You can even prep a few of these in advance and stock them in your fridge. That way you’ll have a quick breakfast that is readily available so you can easily enjoy your delicious breakfast parfait to go.
Be sure to check out more delicious recipes made with Quaker Real Medleys Yogurt Cups at QuakerRealMedleys.com. You can also keep up with Quaker at their Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube. I’d love to hear what your favorite recipe is or what you’d create with this delicious product!
Download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan your package and receive information tutorials on Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cups.