As a boy’s mom I’m pretty sure that I am destined to forever be cleaning huge heaps of dirty clothes. These kids are serious about their play. They love playing outside, digging in the dirt, splashing though the sprinklers, pushing each other to the ground, chasing each other through mud…regular boy stuff, you get the picture.
Basically, our laundry pile is out of control. Doing laundry is not a task that I enjoy. So, every little bit of help that I can get to make doing the laundry a little less painful helps a LOT. Are you the same way? Then these tips to make laundry easier may just help you out, too!
Laundry Tips: 5 Ways to Make Laundry Easier
1. Grab yourself a nice cold drink, because you’re going to be here for a while. I like to have some iced coffee while folding my clean piles of freshly washed laundry. It’s not only delicious, but gives me a little extra pep-in-my-step to get the laundry done.
2. Be extra sure to empty all pockets before you begin washing the laundry. This is a very important laundry tip because kids (and even husbands) may forget that they left a crayon, money, or pack of gum in their pockets. No mama on earth wants to open up the washing machine to find a huge sticky mess on the clothes she thought were clean!
3. Try to get on a laundry schedule. It doesn’t sound fun, but if you build laundry into your schedule it will eventually become second nature. You’ll soon forget about how much you used to dislike laundry day, because it will be laundry day everyday!
4. Use an amazing stain-fighting laundry detergent to do the dirty work for you. Did you know that America’s #1 versatile stain-fighter OxiClean™ is now available as a laundry detergent? This is great news for moms, obviously, since that means we don’t have to try as hard to get out all of the grimy stains that our kids get on their clothes!
OxiClean™ Laundry is the premier solution for removing all types of tough stains. It even helps to break down tough, dried-on stains. It’s like the makers of OxiClean™ were speaking to my soul when they made this new product.
* Please follow manufacturer directions for your garments. For best results, pretreat stains with laundry detergent, wait 5-10 minutes and then wash.
5. The last laundry tip to make laundry easier is to regularly go through your family’s clothing and get rid of anything that doesn’t fit, won’t be worn again, or is damaged/torn (except tell the kids to keep their hands off of your super cute distressed jeans since they’re supposed to have holes!).
What other ways to make laundry easier do you use at your home?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by OxiClean™ through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about OxiClean™ Laundry, all opinions are my own.