How can we almost be into the middle of August already?! There’s kids heading back-to-school, which is totally crazy, and this Summer has seemingly flown by in less than the blink of an eye.
If you’re anything like me, you’re ready for the cooler Fall weather, but not totally ready to give up the long, beautiful Summer days. I have the perfect Peach Cobbler recipe for you today that completely embodies the flavors and feelings of the warm weather. It’s sweet, oh-so-delicious and baked right in a skillet, which gives it these amazingly crispy edges.
To make this delectable dessert here’s what you’ll need:
For the Peach Filling:
– 4 cups peaches (approximately 4 or 5 peaches depending on the size, peeled and sliced)
– 1 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup warm water
– generous dash of cinnamon (about 1/4 teaspoon)
For the Cobbler Topping:
– 1/2 stick butter (4 tablespoons)
– 1 cup flour
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 cup milk
– dash of salt (about 1/4 teaspoon)
– 1/4 cup brown sugar (to sprinkle on after the cobbler has cooked)
1. If you’re using fresh peaches, first peel and slice the fruit. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine sliced peaches, with sugar, water, and cinnamon. Bring the mixture to a boil, while stirring very frequently. After about 10 minutes of cooking time, remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a skillet, melt the butter. While the butter is melting, combine ingredients for the topping in a separate bowl.
4. Next, when the butter has completely melted in the skillet, pour the cooked peaches into the skillet.
5. Then, pour the mixture for the topping (from the separate bowl) on top of the peaches in the skillet.
6. Put the skillet into the hot oven and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Be super careful when removing the skillet from the oven since even the handle will be hot, hot, hot!
7. After removing this heavenly creation from the oven, sprinkle on the brown sugar on top while it’s cooling.
Top this baby with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream, or even some yogurt for a unique twist!
The warm cobbler mixed with a cool topping is pure perfection! Enjoy!