Working from home is something that many people want to do, but it’s sometimes hard to get the right balance of work + home to equal the maximum amount of productivity.
Throw kids in the mix, and things can get even more hectic and interesting. There’s definitely some helpful tips to not only balance being a work at home mom, but also thrive while having a successful business.
Tips for Work at Home Moms
1. Create a schedule – It is important to have a set time for when you will get your work done. This is imperative, instead of just working whenever you have the chance. There’s always something going on when you’re at home with kids, but when you make your work a priority, then you know exactly when you’re supposed to be “at work”. For me, it’s during my kids’ nap time. This will obviously change as they get older and don’t nap anymore, but for now it’s working out.
2. Have a designated work space – Have a space that’s all your own where you can keep your stuff and stay organized. Since you don’t have an office per se, you’ll need to at least have some kind of a space where it’s a work-only zone…free of toys, TV, and distractions.
3. Get your sleep! This may sound crazy, since you’re already not getting enough sleep with little kids in your home. But, make sure you find time for rest. You have to stay on your A game to keep up with kids and a job, especially when it’s all from the comfort of your own home.
4. Get dressed each day – Don’t work in your pajamas. Barefoot or slippers? Maybe. Pajamas? No. Get dressed and take work seriously. You can’t write a serious email in your nightgown.
5. Make sure you stay energized – I could sit in front of my computer for hours and hours on end once I get a good work flow going. To make sure I stay energized while I’m hard at work, I like to snack on the new Yoplait Plenti Greek Yogurt. It’s totally fulfilling and amazingly delicious!
If you haven’t tried Yoplait Plenti Yogurt yet, it’s very unique. It’s jam packed with whole grain oats, flax, and pumpkin seeds. It has all the right stuff to keep me feeling satisfied and energized for a plentiful day!
6. Make sure you get out of the house – Getting out of the house will keep you in touch with the outside world. Also, this will help get you moving, since the sedentary lifestyle of sitting at a desk isn’t the best thing for getting in exercise. Take your kids to the park, go for a walk, or go to the grocery store to stock up on more Yoplait Plenti Yogurt! Just make sure you get out a bit each day.