This post is sponsored by OshKosh B’Gosh; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I’ve got Pandora set to Christmas music, and I’m ready to take on the holiday season!
I want to make sure that we make Christmas as magical as possible for our two little boys. Some of my favorite memories as a child are from the holidays, and I feel like special family memories are some of the best gifts that you can give to your children. Memories cost nothing, but they’re certainly priceless!
Here are some ways to make special holiday memories with your children this holiday season:
5 Simple Ways to Make Christmas More Magical for Kids
1. Bake Cookies with Your Kids – There’s something so magical about getting into the holiday spirit with the smell of freshly baked cookies lingering in the air of your home. My sons love to “help” me bake, especially when we’re making adorable cookies like these Reindeer Christmas Cookies!
2. Sing Christmas Carols and Songs – Even though my kids tell me to “Stop singing, Mommy” I’ll still belt out Jingle Bell Rock. One day, when they’re much older, they’ll appreciate my magical Christmas singing (I hope!) Or they can sit back and laugh together about what a terrible singing voice Mom had!
3. Make Homemade Christmas Tree Ornaments – My mom may be a bit of a hoarder (sorry, Mom!), but I find it to be so fun to pull out the ornaments that she saved from when I was a little kid. We laugh and reminisce about them, and it’s a magical holiday memory!
I love to make homemade ornaments with my kids, too. I want to be able to have a collection of their creations to adorn my Christmas trees for years to come! We’ve made adorable gingerbread men from paper bags, mini Christmas trees loaded with sequins, and homemade reindeer ornaments, too!
I can’t wait to see what the boys want to create for this year’s homemade Christmas ornament!
4. CHRISTMAS PAJAMAS – Festive pajamas are a MUST in my book! If there was ever a way to make the holiday season magical, it’s obviously with matching pajamas for all the babies! OshKosh B’gosh has some seriously adorable Christmas pajamas this season (click here check them out)
5. Talk about Santa – I’ll admit that when I was a child I was super bummed to find out that my parents were actually Santa’s “helpers”. I want to keep the Christmas magic alive for my little boys, and preserve their childhood innocence for as long as I can. I love the conversations that we have about Santa and Christmas. They truly melt my heart!
Take a peek at what my 3-year old son has to say about the Jolly Guy here in this video I filmed today: (my younger son runs past the camera, and refused to give his thoughts on Santa, but it appears he is on the naughty list this year!)
PS – He is decked out head to toe in OshKosh B’gosh clothes and shoes! I adore this little outfit on him, and I think he will have to wear it for Christmas photos, too! For more inspiration on outfits and gifts from OshKosh B’gosh check out their gift guide here.
From our family to yours, Happy Holidays, friends!