It’s hard to believe that, once again, the holidays are quickly approaching. It seems like the entire year flew by in the blink of an eye, right? Before you know it, our homes will be buzzing with guests from out of town, ready to celebrate the holidays with their family and friends.
If you’ll be receiving loved ones over the holiday season, it’s super important to let them know they’re welcome in your home. More importantly, make them feel at home. To achieve this, it’s more about the simple unsaid gestures instead of the classic “make yourselves at home” line that we
Here are some helpful things that you can do to make your holiday houseguests feel at home:
1. Have a clean, well-stocked guest room and bathroom. Change the sheets and wash the covers on the bed. Vacuum the room. Scrub the bathroom to a sparkly clean shine, and provide freshly washed towels that are easily accessible. Leave some extra pillows and blankets out in case they need them, too.
2. Have a nice little welcome basket in their room when they arrive. Include things like: magazines, water, a candle, snacks, mini toiletries, a pen and paper.
3. Leave a handwritten note welcoming them to your home, and it would be super thoughtful to include your WiFi code in the note so they really feel at home.
4. When your holiday guests arrive, don’t forget to show them around the house. You may know the ins and outs of your home like the back of your hand, but your guests do not. Show them where the bathrooms are, how to work the TV, and just make them feel more comfortable in the space so they feel welcome and at home.
5. Provide a delicious breakfast and coffee for your lovely holiday houseguests. Who can resist the smell of fresh brewed coffee in the morning? Want to really lure your guests down from their clean beds?
Pop some Pillsbury™ Cinnamon Rolls into the oven, and fill your home with the sweet aroma of fresh baked bites of heavenly goodness! They’re the perfect treat to let your friends and family know that you’re happy to have them visiting your home for the holidays!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by General Mills through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Pillsbury™