This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NBAReflective #CollectiveBias
As the mom of two very active little boys, I know that part of my destiny is to be constantly surrounded by sports equipment. On weekends, I’ll forever be shuttling my kids to-and-from practices and games. There’s cleats and jerseys, and other sports stuff already in the backseat of my car. Our backyard? Forget it. Sports, sports, sports.
You know what? I’m totally ok with this! I’m excited that I’ll be their biggest fan, cheering my dudes on from the sidelines of whatever sport they’ll be playing (even if they end up playing the clarinet in the marching band, I’ll be a proud “Band Mom!).
So far, my kids have tried soccer, and now they said they want to try basketball “like Daddy”. My husband is 6’4″ tall, and most certainly played basketball when he was younger. So, our boys are eager to get on the court and try it out, too!
They have a basketball and little hoop that they like play with around the house, and I decided to make some cute DIY basketball Christmas ornaments to add to their excitement about playing basketball.
These ornaments came out super cute, and the kids were so excited to hang them on our Christmas tree!
Here’s how you can make this Basketball Christmas Ornament for the b-ball fan in your life:
DIY Basketball Christmas Ornament
1.First, pop the silver top off of the clear plastic ornament.
2. Pour a generous amount of orange glitter paint into the bulb of the empty ornament.
3. Swirl the ornament around so that the paint begins to completely coat the inside of the ornament. It should be looking less clear, and more orange!
4. Once the bulb of the ornament is completely orange, you’ll leave it to dry. Using an empty cup is a great way to stand the ornament up, and let the excess paint drip out, while the inside of the ornament dries.
5. Now you’ll use a black permanent marker to draw on the “lines” of the basketball.
6. Then, using white fabric paint, write your child’s name (or the name of the person you’re making the ornament for) across the front of the basketball.
7. Hang your new basketball Christmas ornament from your Christmas tree with ribbon or twine.
Now that your basketball ornament is hanging from the tree, let’s talk about what’s under the tree for your favorite little baller.
Basketball Gift Ideas
With my two little boys constantly growing out of sizes of clothes, I’m totally one of those “mean” moms who buys them new clothes for Christmas. Since I practically live at Target, I was shopping there recently and came across the NBA Reflective Collection. It’s an awesome clothing line that is the perfect athleisure wear, and is exclusively available at select Target stores.
I picked up some pieces from the collection to gift to my kids and husband! The clothing comes in youth ages 4-16, and also in men’s sizes. I really love the great quality of the NBA Reflective Collection. I think my kids will like all of the cool parts of the clothes like the reflective elements, and fun zipper pulls!
What will you be gifting to your favorite basketball lover this holiday season? Be sure to check out the NBA Reflective Collection at a Target near you! It’s the perfect holiday gift for the big or little athlete in your life. You can also keep up with the NBA Reflective Collection on Twitter and Instagram to see all of their latest gear.