This week I had so much fun making these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps! There are so many reasons to fall in love with this easy recipe. It’s super quick to make (with zero cooking time), it’s low in calories, low in carbs, and can be easily adjusted to fit most dietary needs such as gluten or lactose intolerances.
To make these buffalo chicken lettuce wraps, I used simple, fresh ingredients including: organic red cabbage, carrots and baby heirloom tomatoes, and more. I also whipped up the tastiest, creamiest light homemade blue cheese dressing that truly blows any store bought dressing out the water!
This buffalo chicken recipe is so easy and so simple – whether it’s for a quick dinner idea on a school/work night, or even a picnic lunch at the park lunch – this lettuce wrap recipe will truly please everyone. Try making these buffalo chicken lettuce wraps for your Super Bowl party food, too! Definitely a crowd pleaser!
Ready to get started? Here’s what you’ll need:
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken – meat pulled off and shredded
- 1 Boston Lettuce head for “Wrap” (Bibb, Butter or Iceberg work too)
- 2 tbsp Hot Wing Sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 Stalk Celery – for side of diced inside wrap
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- ½ cup Reduced fat sour cream
- ½ cup Reduced fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Reduced Fat blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tspn Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tspn Garlic powder
- Dash of Salt
- Remove skin and pull chicken meat off of bone. You can mix the white with dark meats if you’d like. Add hot sauce and mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
- In a new mixing bowl, mix together: sour cream, mayo, blue cheese, water, vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic until well blended. Then, stick in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve these buffalo chicken lettuce wraps.
- Start the lettuce wraps assembly! Pull apart lettuce leafs and add the chicken mixture into the lettuce wraps with your desired veggie toppings. Top or dip into the homemade blue cheese dressing and enjoy.
Looking for more recipe inspiration?