A few months back, I had the exciting chance to meet Chef Cat Cora at an event in Macy’s in Miami. I got a copy of her cookbook “Cat Cora’s Classics with a Twist” (which she graciously signed for me!)
Here’s a photo I shared on my Instagram feed with Cat!
I enjoyed talking with her and hearing her speak about food and family. I shared a short clip of her speaking over on my YouTube channel, too!
This baked sweet potato fries recipe is one that is inspired by a very similar recipe that she shares in her cookbook….
With three simple ingredients, this tasty and easy sweet potato fries recipe comes to life as a fun side for your family dinner. As a busy mom, I love easy-to-make foods, that my kids will actually eat!
Sweet potato fries are a delicious side dish to so many of my favorite recipes, whether a savory traditional roast or a yummy burger.
This sweet potato fries recipe rarely disappoints. I love the sweeter flavor of these sweet potato fries, and the great nutritional value this vegetable provides, as opposed to classic french fries. These “fries” are also baked, instead of fried, so they’re less greasy than traditional french fries, too!
Don’t be afraid to get creative with dipping sauces for your fries, too! Try adding a little chili sauce to some ketchup…or follow the simple honey mustard recipe I’ve included below, for an extra flavor element to go along with these delicious and easy sweet potato fries.
Easy Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 1 pound unpeeled sweet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon course sea salt or kosher salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
Optional Honey mustard sauce:
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp Creamy Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees at a convection setting
- Slice the potatoes long-ways into 1 cm pieces. Line or stack these slices and then cross cut into thin, long shoe-string strips.
- In a mixing bowl, toss potato strips with sea salt, evenly coating them.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil, and coat with a bit of olive oil.
- Lay potatoes across each sheet (try not to overcrowd them for even baking).
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning the fries with a spatula every 10 minutes for even cooking.
(Optional Sauce) Simply mix the honey & mustard for a delicious dipping sauce
Looking for more great recipes and food ideas?
…or check out the whole food section on my blog by clicking here.