Stir fry’s make quick, easy weeknight dinners for the whole family. I’m all about a quick dinner, because we have hungry humans to feed around here! If the meal is healthy, too? Well, then, that’s just awesome!
This honey garlic shrimp recipe is not only healthy and fast, but it’s absolutely delicious! It went bye-bye pretty quickly.
These jumbo peeled shrimp I used in this recipe cook so fast, and the whole dish is done in only about 10 minutes! The tasty (yet simple) sauce is a combination of fresh chopped garlic, organic honey, and fresh peeled ginger…so, so good!
Serve this easy honey garlic shrimp recipe over rice and you have a complete meal in just a few minutes.
Ready to get started?! Here’s what you’ll need to recreate this recipe at home:
Honey Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 1 Dozen jumbo peeled shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger root grated
- 2tbsp organic honey
- 1 tbsp Virgin coconut oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 head broccoli (3 cups of florets)
- 1 cup Long grain brown rice
- 2 tbsp of fresh Thai Basil (optional garnish)
- Heat a quart pot to a boil and prepare the rice according to package cooking directions.
- In a large skillet on medium, melt coconut oil and start sautéing shrimp. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 4 minutes or until cooked through to white.
- In a separate pot with steaming tray and top, bring water to boil. Add broccoli and cook for about 7 minutes or until veggies are bright green.
- Add garlic and ginger, reduce heat to low, and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Remove broccoli from heat and keep aside to not overcook.
- Next add honey to the sauté pan and stir the ingredients to evenly coat them.
- Lastly, combine broccoli into stir fry and serve mixture over rice. (Hint: adding the broccoli in at the last minute helps the stir fry to keep its crispness! No one wants a soggy stir fry.)
- Top with some chopped basil.
Other fresh, clean meals you may enjoy:
Detox Diet Cleanse Soup (veggie soup)