I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™ This post may contain affiliate links. As always, all opinions are my own.
Have you caught the Instant Pot craze yet? My feed on Facebook and Instagram is filled with friends that are talking about their new Instant Pot – either asking for the best Instant pot recipes or just general advice on how to use their new electric pressure cooker.
I’ve been a big fan of my slow cooker for years! I figured that I’d give the electric pressure a try, since it cooks much faster than the slow cooker. So, I finally gave into the Instant Pot mania, and ordered one from Amazon a few weeks ago.
I’ve been using my new pressure cooker constantly, and I’m always on the hunt for fun, fresh new Instant Pot recipes to try out for my busy family. This Swedish meatballs recipe came out UH-mazing! I love the simplicity of being able to dump a bunch of stuff into it, shut the lid, and walk away. When the timer is up – dinner is done! How awesome is that?! A delicious one pot dinner that you’ll make over and over again…
I’ve tried beef, pasta, and today I’m showing you how to make Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs, which is also kind of like a meatball stroganoff…whatever you call it, there won’t any be leftovers of this dish! I used Johnsonville Meatballs for this recipe. They’re frozen, made from premium cuts of pork, and fully cooked, which makes them a great choice. They’re available in three flavors: Original Italian, Homestyle, and Three Cheese – I used the Homestyle in this recipe.
Ready to get started on your new favorite dinner? Here’s what you’ll need…
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs Recipe
– 1.5 cups low sodium beef broth
– 1 cup milk
– (2) 12 oz boxes cream of mushroom soup (mixed with only 1 box of water for both)
– 16 oz egg noodles
– (1) 24oz bag (frozen & fully cooked) Johnsonville Homestyle Meatballs
– 1 cup sour cream
1. First, add beef broth, milk, cream of mushroom soup and water into the Instant Pot.
2. Next, add in the package of egg noodles into the Instant Pot.
3. Layer the meatballs on top of the egg noodles in a single layer.
4. Manually set the Instant Pot to cook for 12 minutes, sealed.
5. When there’s 2 minutes of cook time remaining, carefully (using a kitchen hand towel – the steam is super hot!) release the steam valve to venting.
6. Once the steam has completely released, carefully open the lid of pressure cooker away from you. What you’ll have will look like the photo below:
7. Stir in one cup of sour cream and mix thoroughly.
You’ll now have a creamy, dreamy pile of the most delish Swedish meatballs ever. A quick, simple one pot dinner that your family is sure to love! Enjoy!
Looking for more INSTANT POT RECIPES? Click here!