This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sposie Booster Pads, the number one brand in diaper doublers. All opinions are entirely my own.
There are scores of blog posts out there telling you about all of the amazing, latest and greatest, must have products for new moms. The truth is, you don’t need tons of fancy gear to make it through the first year with a new baby. With some basic essentials, you’ll be able to take awesome care of your baby, and have every corner of your home filled with items your baby uses only a few times.
The most essential products for new babies include:
1. Safe place to sleep – If your baby doesn’t have their own nursery, or if your nursery isn’t ready by the time your baby arrives, that’s ok! You baby simply needs a safe place to sleep. I’ve seen a lot of new parents making “baby nooks” in their master bedrooms to keep their child close while saving on space.
2. Something to eat – Whether it’s breastmilk or formula, remember that fed is best. So, if you’re planning to breastfeed make sure you have nursing bras, nipple cream, nursing pads, and the phone number of a great lactation consultant should you need some advice along the way. If you plan to formula feed, make sure you’re stocked up on formula, bottles, bottle brush, bottle warmer, etc.
3. Something to wear – If you’re anything like me, I’m sure you’ve had your baby’s wardrobe covered since the early days of finding out you were pregnant. Shopping for little tiny human clothes is one of my all time favorite activities, haha!
4. Diapers and accessories – Your baby is going to need diapers, and there’s many brands and options to choose from. I’ll let you in on a little secret: diapers leak….and diaper leaks are not fun for anyone! Babies eventually sleep through the night, start crawling, and need some extra protection from all of the movin’, shakin’, and sleepin’ they’re doing!
Which is why we love Sposie Booster Pads in our house! Sposie booster pads stops diaper leaks at the source. They’re soft & plush for added comfort which means they’re gentle on my baby’s skin. I personally love the fact that Sposie pads are fragrance, chlorine, and latex, chlorine free, and made in the U.S.A.
5. Carseat, stroller, and baby carrier – Don’t forget to have a way to get your baby around town once you’re ready to leave the house. Do your homework on car seats and strollers to find what works best for your family. I also really love a great baby wearing wrap to bring my baby places when I don’t feel like bringing a stroller.
Anything beyond these essentials is totally optional, and you really don’t have to buy every gadget on the baby market. Although a nice baby swing will help you get a break from rocking your baby to sleep every now and then 🙂