Ready to check out what Los Angeles has to offer? Whether you’re staying for a week or a day, here are some of the most popular things to do and see!
My husband and I just got back from our trip to California! It was so much fun to getaway for a few days. We flew into Los Angeles LAX airport, and headed to Pasadena where I was speaking at a blog conference. We had some time to explore L.A. and had fun packing as much as we could into one day.
Here are some of the highlights from our trip, and how to maximize your time in Los Angeles to get to see the most you can!
Special thanks to Buick for being kind enough to lend one of their Encore’s to my husband and I while we were exploring Los Angeles and Pasadena!
Things to do in Los Angeles in One Day
1. Olvera Street – This is an off-the-beaten path kind of place. If you love culture and history then this is your jam. Olvera Street, or Calle Olvera in Spanish, is known as Los Angeles’ first street!
It’s essentially a Mexican marketplace where the brick paved street is lined with tons of vendors, cafes, and restaurants. We adored visiting Olvera Street and picked up some really awesome authentic Mexican wares there, too. For more information, including a calendar and parking information visit the Olvera Street website.
2. Hollywood Walk of Fame – Not far from Olvera Street is world’s most famous sidewalk. Explore the stars along the streets, and the celebrities it honors! You’ll also find world famous restaurants and iconic locations.
Find out more from the official Hollywood Walk of Fame website.
3. The Last Bookstore – My husband and I have a fascination with quirky bookstores. We adore visiting local bookstores wherever we travel to. The Last Bookstore in Los Angeles is UHHHmazing. It is gigantic. It’s filled with new releases, and old books alike. The decor inside is something to marvel at. You’ll be totally obsessed with their iconic book arch!
You could literally get lost in The Last Bookstore for hours and hours. If you love books, you MUST visit The Last Bookstore while you’re in L.A.
Visit their website for more information about them including upcoming events.
4. Hollywood Sign – Visit one of the world’s most famous icons, and possibly Hollywood’s most famous star.
The Hollywood Sign is not accessible by car. You can hike up to the sign, or take a bus to see the Hollywood Sign.
For more information about visiting this historic Los Angeles landmark please visit the official Hollywood Sign website.
5. Pasadena City Hall and Old Pasadena – not far from the hustle and bustle of the city of Los Angeles is the charming city of Pasadena. We stayed in Old Pasadena. It was a lovely time, and we were impressed with the selection of restaurants and quaint shops in the area. We also loved checking out Pasadena City Hall, which is a gorgeous, striking building filled with beautiful architecture.
Getting around town was fun and easy thanks to the sporty and spacious 2018 Buick Encore that we drove!
This compact luxury SUV was able to handle the streets of Los Angeles with agile handling, and looked quite stylish at the same time. The cargo area was perfect for all of our luggage, too.Buick Encore earned a 5-star Overall Vehicle Score for safety†, giving you the peace of mind to enjoy the open road.
There are so many features to list on why this SUV is awesome. Take a peek at Buick Encore’s website to learn more about this fantastic and fun automobile.