Ready to spend the day at Walt Disney World’s Water Parks? We are loving Blizzard Beach right now and ready to share our top tips for your best Blizzard Beach day ever with you!
This post is sponsored by Walt Disney World. As always, all opinions and Blizzard Beach tips are my own.
Living local to Walt Disney World (and being an Annual Passholder) definitely has it’s perks. One of those perks is being able to visit the parks year-round! We visited Blizzard Beach quite a bit over the summer, and had so much fun splashing and sliding around this “snow-covered ski resort” aquatic playground! Did you know that Blizzard Beach has the longest lazy river in the country, at almost 1 mile long. Talk about relaxing, right?!!
From spending time at Blizzard Beach we have figured out lots of the ins-and-outs of how to have the BEST day ever at Blizzard Beach! So, I’m excited to share with you some of my best Blizzard Beach tips!
Blizzard Beach Tips for the Best Day Ever!
1. Blizzard Beach is open year round (except for a few closures for repairs/refurbishments) – so you can visit anytime! The water is kept at 78 – 82 degrees all year…perfect!
2. Wear water shoes – there’s a lot of pavement to walk around while you’re at Blizzard Beach. It gets hot, and sometimes slippery. Water shoes may not be your first choice to look fashionable, but they will save your feet while at the park all day.
3. You can have as much of an adventure or relaxation as you’d like. It’s up to you what kind of day you want to have. For example, if you’re there to ride all of the water slides and rides, go ahead and do just that! If you’re there to relax, you can do that too by camping out at the beach area with a book and a drink, or renting a private patio. There’s something for everyone at Blizzard Beach. Even our 13 month old loves Blizzard Beach! (Note – babies must wear swim diapers!)
4. Arrive early – the parking lot isn’t huge (but it is free!) and fills up quickly during the summer months. Getting there early will help you get a parking space as well as a great beach chair location.
5. Come hungry – the food choices at Blizzard Beach are fantastic, and delicious too! My personal favorite place is Lottawatta Lodge. You’ll find everything from pizzas, to chicken, burgers, and even vegetarian and vegan options! One thing you won’t see a shortage of is dessert. My kids love the Sandpail ice cream bucket (which is now available at I.C. Expeditions).
6. Towel situation – we bring our own because we live locally, and it saves money especially for a family of five. You are able to rent them at the park as well which is great so you don’t have to haul wet towels back to your house or hotel.
7. Lockers are available to rent for your valuables.
8. Stay hydrated – it’s HOT here in Florida. Even though you may not feel dehydrated while you’re in the water all day, it’s best to keep the water coming to stay energized and refreshed while at Blizzard Beach.
I hope you have a BLAST at Blizzard Beach!