This post was sponsored by Amazon as part of an Ambassador Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
The holidays are a time to kick back and relax, and enjoy together as a family. Unless you’re a mom. In which case, you’re running around like a mad-woman trying to make the season as magical as possible for everyone. You’re preparing for your kids’ class parties for school, planning menus for holiday dinners, shopping for the perfect gifts, planning family activities, and trying to pack as much cheer into the season as you possibly can.
I’ve tried to take a different approach to the holidays this year. I wanted to step back and let the magic unfold. I wanted to slow down and embrace the season instead of rushing through the movements. To focus on “presence” over “presents”. Does anyone else feel pulled to do that, too?
I want my kids to be able to look back and remember the time we spent together as a family during the holidays. Which is why I’ve been trying to create fun family traditions for us to enjoy together during the holiday season. I’ll share with you some of the fun things that we have been doing together over the past few weeks that are helping us get into the holiday spirit.
Creating Holiday Traditions to Enjoy as a Family
1. Decorating cookies – Whether you bake ’em or buy ’em at the store, doesn’t really matter. My kids LOVE this tradition of decorating cookies together as a family!
2. Matching Christmas pajamas – I am THAT mom that’s always decking my three boys out in matching outfits haha. Christmas pajamas are a non-negotiable holiday tradition in my book!
3. Going to see Santa – this guy right here. LOVE him! He really helps get the kids into the holiday spirit, and it’s so fun to look back at Santa pictures from the previous years!
4. Purchasing gifts that we can enjoy together as a family – A good board game, the gift of travel (we are planning a trip for New Year’s and I cannot wait!!), a new video game system or tablet…these are all great gifts to enjoy together as a family. We recently got the Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition and it’s amazing for the kids to use together!
5. Watching Christmas movies and reading Christmas books – If watching movies or reading books part of your holiday traditions, you’ll love the Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition. There is a large variety of holiday titles that are available in Amazon FreeTime Unlimited. We’ve been enjoying books like The Snow Man, and The First Christmas Tree. As a parent I love using the Parental Control settings in FreeTime. Parents can manage settings such as setting time limits, adjusting age filters, enabling/disabling web browser access, and allowing in-app purchasing.
Fire Kids Edition tablets are the #1 kids’ tablets in the U.S. and come with a kid-proof case and a two-year worry-free guarantee—if they break it, simply return it and Amazon will send a replacement for free, no questions asked.
The Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet provides educational and entertaining content kids love. Each one comes with a one-year subscription to Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, providing access to over 20,000 books, videos, Audible books, educational apps, and games that are age-appropriate and hand-curated by the Amazon FreeTime team. Kids also have access over 1,000 age-appropriate, Spanish language books, videos, educational apps, games, and Audible books, plus thousands of kid-friendly and hand-curated websites and web videos.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday season FILLED with beautiful family holiday traditions, friends!